Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baseball

           We just finished our intersquad World Series in baseball.  It was really competitive and went the full seven games.  It made me excited to get to the real season early next year.  Now that fall ball is over we have started our heavy workout schedule.  We had been doing more conditioning  and flexibility with light  lifting but now it is more intense lifting.  I like that because it is closer to the type of workout schedule that I used to do at home during high school before I came to TLU.  The only difference is that when I worked out at home and high school I didn’t have to do it first thing in the morning.  I could go work out and lift after school or at night and weekends but here you have to do it on the coaches schedule.  I hate getting up at 5:30am but I know it will be good for us when the season starts.
Being a part of the baseball team has been great so far.  I like all my coaches and my teammates are all cool.  We work hard but we have a lot of fun too.  Its fun getting to know all the traditions and customs that have been a part of previous years and teams.  They do some pretty funny stuff and everyone seems to get along with each other.  Being included makes you feel like you a part of something.  That’s what being a teammate is but it seems even more important and special in college than in high school.  I know I made the right decision to come here and play baseball.  I had some other choices of places to go but this just seemed like a good fit for me.  When I think that I could be in Missouri or somewhere else right now it makes me know that I am in the right place, especially after getting to know the guys on my team and also getting familiar with the program.  I hope that I am able to be a part of the team for the whole time I am at TLU.  My dad says that playing college ball will be something that I will talk about my whole life.  He says that I can tell my kids about it and I will have a lot of stories about everything we did when I get older.  I am sure he is probably right but for now I am just enjoying the experience and having fun getting to know all the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment