Saturday, November 26, 2011

Jasper

            I’m sure my parents wouldn’t be happy to hear this but the thing I miss most about being away from home is my dog, Jasper.  My sister is in San Marcos so I get to see her pretty often but since I don’t get to go home much I really miss seeing Jasper.  He is a great dog and when I lived at home he slept with me and if I was at home he was always around me.  He is a really smart dog and knows some tricks but he is really funny too.  My family has a lot of stories about things he has done that make us all laugh.  My friends all pretty much think he is the coolest dog ever.  He even has his own Facebook page.
I remember when we first got him a few years ago.  It was right before Christmas and it was the day of the big snow or at least it was a big snow for Houston.  He was a rescue dog that my sister and her friend found and they brought him home to try to talk my mom into letting us keep him.  She is not really a dog person and she sure didn’t ever want dogs in the house but somehow my sister and I were able to convince her to let us keep him.  I think it was because he was a really cute puppy.  He was only a few weeks old and he was black with these floppy ears.  My sister had put a red ribbon around his neck and he looked like a Christmas present so I guess my mom couldn’t resist.  Now she loves him and I know she is glad that she gave in.  But I really miss getting to see him all the time.  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving break so that I will be able to visit and see him.  Being home for Christmas for a whole month will be even better but I am sure that will make me miss him even more after getting to spend time with him.  He always is so happy when he sees me after I have been gone.  He jumps all over me and gets all worked up and excited.  I wonder what he thinks when I am not there and I wonder if he thinks I  am never coming back.  I know that he misses me as much as I miss him.  Too  bad we can’t have dogs in the dorm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment