Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time Management

I knew that I would have to grow up a lot and be much more responsible when I came here to TLU. But I did not realize how much I would have to work on managing my time better. I have a really bad habit of procrastinating with everything I do. When I was in high school I could usually get away with waiting until the last minute to get things done. If I had an assignment due in two weeks I would wait until about the day before to get it done. Even in high school it would sometimes impact my grades. But I could get away with it much easier. Now that I'm in college, if I wait to the last minute to get things done I will fail every class. It took some time, but I am finaly getting used to starting my assignments and getting my stuff done earlier. I am slowly learning that I have to get my priorities in order. Before, if my friends wanted to hangout and go do something fun I wouldn't be able to resist and I would end up hanging out with them. Now if someone asks me to do something with them and I have school work that needs to get done, I don't give in and I tell them that I have to get my work done before I do anything else. It is sometimes hard to say no but I have realized that if I procrastinate on my assignments I won't be able to get by in college. I have also discovered that the work that I turn in when I don't wait until the last minute is much better and I get much better grades. When I wait too long to do my work, I end up having to throw something together at the last minute and it is never my best work and it shows when I get my grades back. I am definantly not saying that I am perfect now and get all of my stuff done immediately. But I have improved by a long shot. I hope that by the end of the year I don't even have to think about it. I hope I will not even consider procrastinating and getting my stuff done on time will become a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment