Sunday, November 27, 2011

Living away from home

It is very different living away from home. I have lived in the same community my entire life and have gotten very used to it. I have made a lot of friends there. Some have been my best friends since the sixth grade. I obviously miss them very much but I have also made a lot of new friends since living on the TLU campus. It is still very hard to not see them anymore when I used to be with them everyday. Since this week I went back home and got to hangout with them for the thanksgiving break, it really made me realize how much i missed hanging out with them. I still keep in touch with them. We all text or call each other every now and then but it isn't the same as it used to be. I also miss sleeping in my own bed at home. I have a really big bed at home so I have plenty of room to get comfortable. In my dorm room I have a really small bed that is not very comfortable at all. It is also really quiet at my house which makes it easier to fall asleep. At the dorm there is a bunch of guys running around in the halls, yelling and being loud at all times of the night which makes it tough to go to sleep. I don't get nearly enough sleep anymore. I am always having to do homework or go to baseball. I go to sleep way too late at night and have to wake up really early in the morning to either go to class or go to a baseball workout. I also realized how much I miss the food at home. I had a great Thanksgiving meal during the break. Here at TLU I never get to eat a great meal like that. I mainly have to eat whatever I happen to have in the dorm room. Most of the time it has to be something quick to eat because I have to leave the room shortly after. The one thing that I do like about living in a dorm is the freedom. I like living on my own without parents even though I also miss them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment